Welcome to the Town Clerk's web page.
My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
The main duties of the Town Clerk are as follows:
1. Maintains all vital statistics, including issuing marriage
licenses, burial permits and providing monthly reports of
2. Issues hunting, fishing and dog licenses and makes
monthly reports of same.
3. Acts as licensing agent for operations requiring
licensing within the municipality such as victualers,
bowling alleys, pool halls, pinball and electronic games,
refuse removal, amusements, itinerant salespersons, taxis
4. Prepares Council agendas and all resolutions and
ordinances which must be approved by the Council.
5. Oversees all pre-election, election day, and post-
election activities including hires election clerks, prepares,
issues and receives absentee ballots, maintains custody of
ballot boxes and keys, advertises for nominations papers,
receives and approves same, supervises all election
activities on election day, and reports and preserves
results of elections.
6. Serves as clerk to the Council, produces, distributes
and indexes agendas and minutes, prepares and
distributes packets for Council meetings in advance of
their meetings and as needed, updates and distributes
7. Maintains records of all official business of the
8. Notifies members of the Council, boards and
committees when their terms are about to expire.
9. Advertises all public hearings.
10. Administers all oaths for municipal positions requiring
11. Prepares, maintains, and reproduces as required all
Town records and reports. Produces Town Report and
Budget document. Maintains the Town's website.
12. Serves as administrative secretary to the Town
Manager and Assistant Treasurer.
13. Receives calls and callers, prepares reports, minutes,
letters and directives, researches and compiles necessary
data or information for budget making process, grievance
processing and collective bargaining, prepares and
reviews confidential correspondence pertaining to legal
matters concerning the Town, collective bargaining, and
14. Serves as backup for vehicle registration, water
and sewer and property tax payment.