Assistance Plus

Call us at: 207-453-4708

We help with: Rent, Security Deposit, Water & Sewer Bills, Home Care, Cooking, Bathing, Grocery Shopping, Transportation, Assistance with Appointments


Care and Comfort

Call us at: 1-800-366-5302

We help with: Home Care, Cooking, Bathing, Grocery Shopping, Transportation, Assistance with Appointments, etc.


Catholic Charities

Call us at: 207-453-4365

We help with: Rent, Daycare cost assistance



Citizens of Maine

Citizens of Maine provides support for adult differently-abled. We provide community support, group homes, shared living, in-home support, family support and much more.

Contact us at: 207-862-2360


COR Health

Call us at: 207-347-6106

We help with: Pediatric Care, Adult Care, Behavioral Health and Medical Staffing.



Call us at: 1-800-452-4602 or 207-474-2800

We help with: Food, Rent, Evictions, Special Equipment for Handicaps, Electric, Assistance for Natural Disaster Victims to Repair Homes, Repair & Replacement of Septic Systems, Wells, Chimney, Plumbing, Furnaces and Heating Stoves.


Emanuels House

Call us at: 207-667-3962

Located at: Ellsworth, ME



Call us at: 207-774-6323 ext. 316

We help with: Clothing.


Home Care of Maine

Call us at: 1-800-639-3084

We help with: Housekeeping, Grocery Shopping, Bathing and Transportation.


Home, Hope & Healing

Call us at: 207-362-5235

Visit us.

We help with: Clinical Nursing, MaineCare Private Duty Nursing, Pediatric care, Adult Care & EIM Services, Home Ventilation/Tracheostomy care, 1:1 in-School by RN/LPN, Rehab and Community Support, Children's Targeted Case Management, Outpatient Counseling, Home and Community Based Treatment, Supervised family Visitation Services.


Hope House

Call us at: 207-217-6713

Located at: Cooperative Dr., Bangor, ME

We help with: Temporary Housing.



Call us at: 1-800-542-8227 or 207-859-1751

We help with: Heating Fuel, Electric, Phone, Furnace and Transportation.


Lyons Club

Call us at: 207-528-9827 or 207-626-9508

We help with: Eye Glasses.


Maine State Housing

Call us at: 1-800-452-4668 or 207-626-4600

We help with: Appliance Replacement, Home Improvement Energy Loans, Roof and Chimney Repairs.

Maine Department of Labor-Rapid Response

Helping Maine workers manage job loss.

  • Forming a Community Transition Team during large job losses.
  • Trade Adjustment Assistance
  • COBRA health insurance for up to 18 months at employee's expense
  • Unemployment Compensation

Phone: 207-623-7993 or 1-888-457-8883

Online: Rapid Response


Maine General Homecare & Hospice

Call us at: 207-861-6200

Visit us.

We help with: Chronic Disease Management, Rehabilitation Services, Wound care Services, Home Infusion Therapy, Palliative Care and Hospice Care.




Call us at: 207-990-2870

We help with: Food bank, Daycare, Housing and Soup Kitchen.


MidMaine Homeless Shelter

Call us at: 207-872-8082

Located at: 19 Colby St., Waterville, ME

We help with: Temporary Housing.


NorthernLight Homecare & Hospice

Call us at: 1-800-757-3326

Visit us.

We help with: Skilled Nursing, Wound Care, Social Work, Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies, In-Home care such as Bathing, Transportation & Companionship, Care Management, Dementia and Alzheimer's Care and Hospital to Home Transition.




Passports are Issued to United States Citizens through the US Department of State. Passport Agents are available locally through the United States Postal Service. To apply for a new passport you must apply in-person and sign the documents in front of a Passport Agent. There are two local post offices offering Passport Agent services and we recommend that you call ahead before coming in to verify that the Passport Agent is available that day:

Canaan Post Office

Call us at: 207-474-3349

Located at: 273 main St., Canaan, ME

Newport Post Office

Call us at: 207-368-5966

Located at: 85 Main St., Newport, ME

Use the following forms to apply for Passports:

New Passport Application

Passport Renewal can be done via mail if you meet the requirements on the renewal application.

Passport Renewal Application

You will also need a 2" x 2" Passport Photo which can be obtained at these locations:

Rite Aid

Call us at: 207-487-5467

Located at: 506 Somerset Ave., Pittsfield, ME

Rite Aid

Call us at: 207-368-5754

Located at: 36 Moosehead Trail, Newport, ME


Call us at: 207-368-2448

Located at: 1573 Main St., Palmyra, ME

Identification requirements are listed on the application forms.



Call us at: 207-487-4760

We help with: Clothing, Furniture, etc.


Salvation Army

Call us at: 207-487-5229 or 207-774-4172 ext. 237

We help with: Heating Fuel, Food, Rent/Mortgage, Personal Items, Hotel Room, Electric, Evictions, Clothing. etc.


SEC 8 Housing

Call us at: 1-866-357-4853

We help with: Housing.


Social Security

Call us at: 1-800-772-1213

We help with: Government Pensions and Disability.


Spectrum Generations

Call us at: 1-800-639-1553

We help with: Meals on Wheels, Respite Service, Adult Daybreak, Family Caregiver Services, etc.



United Way of Mid-Maine 211

United Way of Mid-Maine offers assistance with:

Aging & Disability- Home Health Care, Social Security, Respite, In-Home Care and Financial Assistance.

Basic Needs- Transportation, Financial Assistance, Household Goods, Utilities & Heating, Food banks and Clothing.

Crisis- Neglect, Sexual Assault and Substance Abuse.

Education- Alternative Education, English Language Classes, Testing & Support, Certification Programs, GED Exams, Vocational Education and Adult Education.

Family-Childcare, Death & Burial, Immigrant Services, Adoption, Social Security and Elderly Care.

Food- Food Banks, EBT/SNAP, WIC, Meal Programs, Summer Services, Lunch Programs, Nutrition and Community Gardens.

Health- Affordable Healthcare, Insurance, Mental Health, Medical Transportation, Serious Illness and Prescription Assistance.

Housing- Heating and Utilities, Shelter, Lead Testing, Repairs, Loans and Rentals.

Jobs- Unemployment, Vocational Rehab, Employment Programs, Career Centers, Military Veterans and Education.

Substance Abuse- Opiate Helpline, Alcohol & Drug Addiction, Counseling, Gambling Helpline, Treatment and Support Groups.

Transitions- Veterans, New Mainers, Housing, Relocation, Child Care, Job Training and Financial Advice.

Contact them at 211.


University of Maine Extension-Agriculture

Call us at: 207-581-3188 or 1-800-287-0274

Visit us.

We help with: Farming, Field Crops & Potatoes, Fruit Crops, Livestock, Animals & Beekeeping, Ornamental Horticulture, Pests & Disease Diagnostics, Vegetable Crops. 



Call us at: 1-800-352-8963 ext. 161 or 207-991-3673

We help with: Low Interest Loan to help winterize your home, Furnace. etc.